Reposted from 5 Feet 20
A friend of mine once asked me, “If someone spits on you does that make you angry?”
I responded, “Of course it does!”
He replied, “No it doesn’t, it just makes you wet. It’s your choice to become angry.”
While I wanted to argue with him, he was exactly right. You and I have a choice in how we respond to anything in our lives. With that in mind, here is a list of some great choices we can make according to Mother Teresa:
- People are often unreasonable, illogical and self-centered; Forgive them anyway.
- If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; Be kind anyway.
- If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies; Succeed anyway.
- If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you; Be honest and frank anyway.
- What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight; Build anyway.
- If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous; Be happy anyway.
- The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow; Do good anyway.
- Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough; Give the world the best you’ve got anyway.
You see, in final analysis, it is between you and God; It was never between you and them anyway.